Things I learnt photographing jewelry
- Clean it first ! It will be a pain to fix later and takes about 5 seconds to clean before you have to spend hours trying to dodge and burn.
- Clean it again! The cursory brushing does not always get rid of the spots ! Metal polish is your friend.
- If using a reflective surface to photograph on – clean that too ! I cannot tell you the pain it is to get rid of spots and fibers from the cleaning cloth after the fact.
- There should be now an obvious patter . But since I don’t know how to do this – hope your lens is clean !
- Don’t wear a red (or blue or green or whatever) shirt while photographing silver ! It reflects and takes on the color. Heck if I had it my way I would wear an 18 percent gray outfit and a mask in that color !
- Did I mention lint free cloth! I know my OCD is showing isnt it !
God this shift is non ending today. 30 more minutes! Come on clock !